Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 13 June 2005

YOUR COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE

(Over Times of India)


Dear Editor - Broadcaster - Publisher:


Times of India has its own job-portal

Timesjobs.Com


So, it offers “free-posting” of its print-media job-advts on the job portal.

And vice-versa

See enclosed cutting ( dt. June 12, 2005 )

A jobseeker reading  this “summary” (?), would need,

·     PC+ Internet Connection ( + one hour of search)
·     5 steps on timesjobs.com before he can “apply online” ( only 3 steps listed ).

Then again, in many cases, this “summary” does not mention

·     Name of Advertising/Employer Company
·     City of Posting

Without this crucial info, no jobseeker would even want to log into timesjobs.com to find out, whether a job is interesting or not !

Now compare this, with JAS ( Job Advt. Summary ) sample enclosed. It contains all the essential information that a jobseeker needs to,

·     Make up his mind               ( interested or not )
·     Apply                 ( email ID of advertiser )

Incidentally, Times Of India will not print/publish jobs posted on Monster/ Naukri/ JobsAhead etc. But the employed want to see all jobs – posted everywhere.

It is quit clear.

Your “Competitive Advantage” is

Job Advt. Summary (JAS)

You don’t need your own job-portal. Treat World-Wide-Jobs as your own. ! 


Hemen Parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment