Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 13 June 2005

TORA TORA TORA !

You  are under attack.

Hindustan Times will now sell for 96 p per day !

Does that mean you too must lower your price ?

A price-war is a war that no one wins and everyone  loses.

On other hand, the Economic Times ( dt. 10/06/05 ), claims to be winning the war, based on

The Power Of Knowledge


From 2002 to 2005, its subscription has gone up by 27%.

May be ET offers “Great  Content” to its readers.

Much in the same way what  STAR TV plans to offer through  KBC 2 
( Kaun Banega Crorepati ? )


“ By the time the show goes on air on Aug 6,  Star expected to rake in Rs. 100 crore from its main and associate sponsors and another Rs. 50 crores from regular ad-spots during the telecast ” ( Fin. Express / June 10, 2005 )

Why ? Because millions of unemployed would have nothing else to do – except watch the Big B – and improve STAR’s TRP.

Given an option, they would anyday, prefer to read,


Job Advt. Summary ( JAS )

Hemen Parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment